Expedition America - East Coast Tour 2018
Following the overwhelming response and great show of interest for Expedition America 2016, Draken will soon set out for her next adventure: Expedition America - East Coast Tour 2018.
Expedition America - East Coast Tour 2018 will start at July 10 by Draken leaving Mystic Seaport, CT, to head for the ship's first stopover. During the tour Draken will visit 14 harbors across the East Coast of the U.S. spanning from Maine to South Carolina.
Welcome to the Draken Village during the ship's stopover. Let our crew members take you on a deck tour, visit our exhibition and souvenir shop, enjoy a screening of the new Draken documentary film Expedition America – a modern Viking Adventure and come and listen to Captain Björn Ahlanders lecture about the adventurous expeditions.
The Draken Stopover Experience
Each Draken stopover offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for visitors to relive history in a way never before experienced.
We offer guests the opportunity to not only marvel at this stunning Viking ship – but also to interact with the crew while they share their personal experiences of the thrill, fear and exhilaration felt from having relived one of the world’s most mythological sea voyages – the first transatlantic crossing and the Viking discovery of the New World, more than a thousand years ago.
By sharing this magnificent story, the Draken will inspire, educate and entertain local communities, offering an enriching experience, appealing to families and modern-day explorers alike.
THE DRAKEN VILLAGE
An event installation, Draken Village, is an activation area erected surrounding the ship. Designed to further enhance the experience, Draken Village includes the following:
- Draken Photo & video exhibit
- The story of the Vikings exhibit
- Modern Explorers exhibit
- Tour sponsors’ activation
- Receiving city´s local sponsors’ activation
- Stage for interviews, lectures and music performances
- Children educational theatre
- Official merchandise sales
- Deck tour tickets sales
- Local food & beverage vendors
Each stopover will offer the following activities catering to the public, media and corporate partners:
- Public arrival ceremony
- Exclusive Tours for VIP, Press & Partners
- Official Draken VIP welcoming reception
- Public deck tours (up 1,800 people/day)
- Corporate hospitality activities
- VIP day sails
- Lectures & film screenings
- School visits
- Corporate sponsors´public events
- Departure ceremony